The Adventures of Treah

Former Final Fantasy XI Logbook and Future Final Fantasy XIV Playdiary!

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Trial of Tears

LFG with Treah's 'sister,' Khau Mahiyoeloh...it's explained in a shrot story I wrote about Treah Niavam

Probably the biggest adjustment I've had to make switching from paladin to thief, aside from party functionality, is longer waits for invites. I tend to call this wait the "DD Blues," or the "Trial of Tears." I mean, PLD doesn't get the volume of invites that white mage or other high demand jobs get, at least at the level I had it at...I still had to seek for quite a while sometimes...but as thief, the waits can be ridiculous, if I get an invite at all. This was one reason why I quit FFXI, long ago, and continues to get under my skin.

The biggest problem is that there's no way I can return to World of Warcraft, at least not yet. There are so many things I hate about that game, but when it comes down to it, after switching back and forth between both games numerous times, I know each game's flaws only too well. I often long for my noob days, when I was blind to these faults that drove me from either game.

I don't think I'd have such a big problem with the long waits for invites if my linkshell hadn't fallen apart. Any day now, I'm just going to get fed up and drop the damn sack...nobody's ever in there, and very very occasionally, an old member who left long ago will poke his/her head in for a few minutes, just to exit again. Most of the people I liked to talk to are in my friend list anyway, so I don't see the point in occupying an empty linkshell.

And GhostbearII hasn't changed, and in fact has drifted further from what I'd prefer. For those who are unaware, I created linkshell Ghostbear on November 20th, 2003, which became GhostbearII on that same date in 2004, when I left FFXI for WoW, for six months. Upon returning to FFXI, I was immediately offered a GhostbearII pearl, but it was evident even after a few weeks that I did not belong. GhostbearII is too high level for me, and those within are too bothered with high level concerns to talk to me. Again, most of the people I enjoyed talking to are in my friend list, so why occupy a linkshell that pains me to inhabit it?

I think I'm going to start shouting for linkshell invites whenever I pass a (populated) auction house...perhaps I'll try for an RP linkshell ^^ that would be divine!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home