The Adventures of Treah

Former Final Fantasy XI Logbook and Future Final Fantasy XIV Playdiary!

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Climb to 30

After all the seeking, all the groups that never got enough members, all the groups populated with five other new players, and all the just plain bad groups, it took one group and one group alone to get me from lvl 27 Thief to the shiny level 30! Remember: hover your mouse over the images for a caption!

As seen here, the ninja tank and the dragoon stand one behind the other, in consideration of me ^^

The first group of the night was fairly good, and for the most part, had some pretty good players. As seen here, it was a goblin party, but this presented us with a problem. Of all the times earlier in the week, I would have killed to have at least one goblin party present when my group was hunting mandragoras. However, this was never the case, and upwards of 7 parties would be pulling mandy from the same area, around these Goblin Killingmachines. Then, when I finally get into a dedicated goblin hunting party, every other party in the area is hunting goblins as well. Ugh....

Gathering of the Chocobos, moments before the disband.

The XP dries up and we are (for the most part) level 28, so we decide to head off to yhoator jungle...and everyone suddenly has better places to be. With no proper jobs seeking, what few of us remain disband and seek independently.

The English speakers ^^

Which is when I was picked up by this group, powered by a white mage, red mage (subjob: black mage), ninja, two rangers, and of course, yours truely as the thief. This party was exceptionally awesome, and extremely productive. Even now, I'm not sure if there were 3 japanese players or 4, but communication was smooth regardless. Hell, half the time, I could pretty much figure out what the japanese players were saying when they didn't use the auto translator. Finally, for being such an incredibly productive group, I was still able to enjoy myself...if not through conversation within the party, for the tactical value of lining up sneak attacks in a group designed to distribute hate.

Galka look so badass with guns...that rifle's bigger than me!

A funny little action pose.

My new look ^^ total cost: about 150,000 gil, and 12,000 Conquest Points.

And there I am, in my level 30 Mercenary Captian's armor ^^ as was recommended by the red mage, I've traded off some strength buffs for dexterity and agility. He says that dexterity is factored into the sneak attack multiplier, and agility for the trick attack multiplier. We'll see how this works out ^^

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home