The Adventures of Treah

Former Final Fantasy XI Logbook and Future Final Fantasy XIV Playdiary!

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Milking Garlaige

Hey! It's been a little while, yeah? Little bit of an exciting week for me. First of all, current event wise, my city was flooded a couple of days ago. Most of the bridges across the river were closed down, essentially cutting the city in half (severing west and north side from the rest). It should have been worse, but we somehow dodged getting an extra day of rain, which would have made this flood almost as bad as some of the flooding we've seen in the past, the difference being that recent construction around the river should have prevented a lot of this damage, but it didn't. Then there's the irony that people were beginning to suspect a summer drout until this weather system decided to sit on us...heh. Be careful of what you wish for.

As far as FFXI goes, I was able to reach level 35! I accomplished this through a variety of parties of varying professionalism, had the opportunity to group with one of the dumbest players I'd ever met, and somehow managed to enjoy my run in the Garlaige Citadel, nicknamed the Garbage Citadel by some. It really is a rough spot, not as bad now that zoning the constant links doesn't make things worse for other parties, but still pretty bad. Like I said, everything links, it's very cramped, and there are holes that, when fallen down, will lead to almost certain death. Once again, while I had my fair share of fun, I think I'm ready to move on now ^^

Now that I've gotten Thief to 35, I can set the rest of my plan into motion. What I wish to do now, once I finish farming with my mule, is work on woodworking until I'm able to produce acid bolts for a crossbow, then unlock ranger and level it to 20, all the while working on my carpentry. By this time, if I didn't do it already, get up to the point that I can produce shihei, used in the ninja magic Utsusemi. Once I've done that, I'll farm for Tenshodo fame, complete the quest for that spell, then level ninja some...perhaps all the way to 30. Once I'm comfy with ranger and ninja, I'll continue to level Thief. I may level thief to 45 before I'm finished with the other two jobs, because I know how too much of the same can get me bored, but all in all, the next month or so should be pretty busy for me.

And with that, I leave you with a few screenshots of my Garlaige parties...remember to hover your mouse over the pictures for a caption!

Aaaah!  Help meeee~!

My first Garlaige party started off on the Sauromugue Champaign, battling Evil Weapons.  Weapons are wierd...they're automations that behave kinda like undead.  They're quite strong and buff themselves like mad.

This is that same group fighting a beetle in the Garlaige Citadel.  Beetles are aggressive, and since most of the first floor consists of hallways, pulling them is necisary, even if you'd rather not fight them.

This is us fighting a bat outside of the first banishing gate.  Four people have to stand on switches around the gate in order to open it, and we were frequently asked to do just that for groups of high levels on their way in/out.

This is a pretty damn ideal melee setup...two tanks facing one another, and a thief behind both.  This results in a Sneak Attack + Trick Attack once every 30 seconds, which results in pretty high EXP chains.

In this group, I discovered that Berserk, plus my food (meat mithkabobs), plus Warcry (from Thon), plus Sneak Attack and Trick Attack, plus my Viper Bite weapon skill make for almost 450 damage ^^

This is the group that got me to 35 ^^ I ran out of ammo pretty early on, forcing the warrior to pull.  I'll never make that mistake again!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home