The Adventures of Treah

Former Final Fantasy XI Logbook and Future Final Fantasy XIV Playdiary!

Friday, July 07, 2006

"She's one of them rangers."

Just a quick update to reaffirm my existance. I've recently purchased The Sims 2, so I haven't played as much FFXI as I've wanted to, but now I think the new game smell has worn off, and I'm ready to grind again ^^ (don't forget to hover your mouse for a caption!)

Crafting looks really cool in this game compared to other MMOs, but it's not very user-friendly.  I recommend reading a guide for your craft.

My plan's been going pretty well, and I now have a concrete idea of what to do. First of all, when I hit level 35 for thief, I took a short break and got into carpentry using this guide, and have been crafting crossbow bolts for the new class I unlocked...

Me, doing the ranger quest.  Poor tiger...you have to watch him die ; ;

Ranger! That's right, I'm one of those crazy, badass mithran hunters you've likely heard of. I'll tell ya, I've seen a lot of development in my DD capacity since level ten, and have gone from "miss miss miss miss miss" to "eat that, samurai!" Seriously, I haven't felt this useful in a long while, getting just absolutely crazy damage numbers and enfeebling the mob at the same time (for a while, I was switching between blind bolts (blindness) and acid bolts (defense down), depending on what mob we were fighting (acid for crabs, blind for damselflies, etc)).

Get offa ma propertey!

My plan remains unchanged, for the most part, but is now perfectly defined. My ranger (now 17), will be leveled to 20. Then, I'll switch back to thief, get that to 40. Next, I'll farm Giddeus for Tenshodo fame, get my fame up to level 4, and do four ninja scroll quests (Tonko, Utsusemi, Kurayami, and Hojo). Finally, I'll level ninja, which is currently at 10, to 30. After that, I'll either resume thief with ninja as a sub, or the same with ranger. I've had a lot of time to think about this plan, and I'm very confidant that I'll be able to stick with it. Until the next update!

Addendum: I kind of have this thing against taking pictures of valkurm parties. I don't want to look at those damn dunes if I don't have to. This is why there are no pictures of me partying with my new ranger job. Just imagine about 10 pictures of me, in a desert, with a crossbow shouldered, aiming at a crab surrounded by people waaaay off in the distance :P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home