The Adventures of Treah

Former Final Fantasy XI Logbook and Future Final Fantasy XIV Playdiary!

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Fame Farming, and Linkshell Procurement

Well, so you might be asking yourself, "what have you been doing for the past two weeks, Treah?" Well, not a whole hell of a lot! (remember to hover your mouse for a caption!)

The Crawler's Nest...it's hard for me to explain why I don't like to level here.  Too much of the same, perhaps?

First of all, I got into another group with my thief, the first time this character has seen the Crawler's Nest. I'd forgotten the layout from when my previous character had lived in this place, and so, being asked to pull for the party was like being dunked into ice cold water all at oncce ^^; however, I think I did okay.

I decided, though, that while there's nothing wrong with THF/WAR, for two reasons, I would have to level another subjob for my thief: 1. /WAR would probably work out beautifully for an elvaan or galka thief, but not a mithra, and two, 98% of thieves sub ninja, meaning that if I stick with /WAR, I might gimp my party invites more than they already are.

So, I farmed 200 necklaces from giddeus, doing Nanaa Mihgo's quest 50 times, to get my Tenshodo fame up to level 4. Since all of that farming would be enough to drive someone mad if done all at once, I broke it up with other activities. You might have noticed in the above picture....

Swimsuit + Pumpkin Head + Treat Staff II = OWNAGE!  Well, maybe not...

I'm in a new linkshell! It's called xDemonicxAngelsx, and the folk are great! The linkshell was created the day, or maybe the day before I was recruited, and the leader is busy with getting things done, such as getting us established (and therefore recognized by Playonline), getting us a website, etc. That's more work than I did for Ghostbear for the year I reigned over them! ^^

We had a linkshell birthday party in Bibiki Bay ^^ the birthday was for a linkshell mate named Kagomesan, and it was a blast! This was the first meeting I had with a lot of the linkshell members, and we all seemed to enjoy ourselves thoroughly ^^

This is the real reason why the Shadowlord returned to life...we accidentally formed a summoning circle with our corpses.

I discovered that our fearless leader likes to die as much as me, if not, more so! When we all died at the end of the party, we fell in formation ^^

Grabbing some keys for Don and Shin in Ghesba Outpost...first one dropped right away, the second...ugh....

After this, between farming trips, I rediscovered how awesome it was to assist linkshell mates in need. Twice I helped with obtianing airship keys, and I also helped kill the rank 3 dragon! (I enjoyed that so much, I forgot to take any pictures ; ;) We're planning on running players through the missions for rank 4 and 5 soon...I just hope my noob ass doesn't end up making me a liability when I try to "help" :P

This is directly after I tagged the objective for the Utsusemi: Ichi scroll.  WHM level 1 versus sea monk level ~50?  Heh ^^`

And finally, I was able to complete the four ninja quests I had set out to ^^ and as of last night, I just leveled ninja to 12, so I can now use Utsusemi, the main ninja spell that allows us to tank (though, at first, only in a limmited fashion). Since I've got something against taking pictures of valkurm, you won't see any photos of me in action until I hit 20, but perhaps that's for the best...maybe then I'll know what I'm doing! :P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home